Eleventh VisCom Meeting Minutes
Meeting was help August 31st, 8AM PST.
Lisa, Michael, Tyler, Arnulf all attended via phone; Michael, Tyler, Arnulf were on IRC.
review of previous meeting minutes
- marketing guide by Lisa is available in draft
- it is dense ~9 pages and is first pass
- ending to viscom list for review, comment, etc. [TODO Lisa]
- need to check with webcom re: link to PayPal and Cafepress sites [TODO mpg]
- Lisa talked to PR team re: ZDNet interview from OSCON (they organised it)..
- more info tomorrow [TODO Lisa]
- Michael started a general TODO list: VisComToDo
- will be populating it over time [TODO mpg]
- Cafepress site
- Michael set it up and is waiting anxiously for others to buy some things.
- Will need to propagate to more lists and projects (over time)
- Drupal update
- site has been moved to the Open Source Lab infrastructure
- available at http://community.osgeo.org
- mpg eager to move content, as always
- anyone can register to be on the site now; ask webcom if need "editor" role
- Discussion of logo use, owenership, trademark questions
- Michael doing up some logo guidelines: TrademarkGuidelines
- Lisa added some more: TrademarkGuidelinesMore
- no comments from others; need more comments/review and then pass to Autodesk legal team
- Jason (WebCom) brought this up, hopefully this addresses his need
- Arnulf suggest splitting issue into smaller pieces (use of logo on project website? company site?), and then tackle larger/more issues (what about TM of OSGeo name, etc)
- mpg to draft request for discussion at the F2F [TODO mpg]
- Logo branding/design help
- Michael has been looking into a resource to help with different version of logos, colours, etc
- mpg to report out on this [TODO mpg]
- Tyler asks about picking next years' events
- breakdown of events, major class is "base/sponsored"
- examples: intergeo, foss4g, where, oscon, euro-oscon
- Arnulf suggests get events on Wiki then decide priorities collaboratively
- seven notes people want us to attend their events (often at no cost to us)
- FOSS4G is moving to be more under OSGeo control next year: see OSGeo_Conference_RFP_2007
- no formal action was taken on this? [TODO who?]