FOSS4G 2012 Meeting 2012-07-03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
From China LOC:
- Gao Ang
- Xun Yan
From International Volunteer Group:
- Cameron Shorter
- Sanghee Shin
- Tanner Lin
- Bo Guo
Date & Time:
- July 3rd, 2012 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Beijing Time
- Gao Ang reported current situation of FOSS4G preparation from LOC side.
- Regarding PCO(Professional Conference Organizer) contract, LOC failed to sign a PCO contract with 3S News, a PCO company, last week. And LOC tried to find another PCO, but only to fail.
- Currently LOC is not optimistic about the hosting FOSS4G 2012 successfully due to lacking of experiences and staffs.
- Only 3 part time local volunteers are available in LOC now. However they don't have enough time to handle all the conference issues.
- LOC started to look over all the options including canceling.
- Cameron suggested a financial assessment or simulation for continuing and canceling conference.
- LOC & International volunteer group looked over the possibility of hosting FOSS4G 2012 as local event.
- According to Gao Ang, if LOC could not find PCO or hire full time organizer, LOC would like to cancel conference rather than make it a local event.
- Cameron stated LOC should make decision soon whatever that may be.
- Gao Ang will gather opinions from LOC members and then will report LOC's final decision on FOSS4G to OSGeo Board by this weekend.
- LOC's final decision on FOSS4G 2012 including canceling, continuing and downgrading to local event.