FOSS4G ASIA 2018/Logo Contest
The FOSS4G Asia Local Organizing Committee (BLOC) is pleased to announce a call for logo designs. We need your help to build a strong recognizable logo for FOSS4G Asia 2018.
FOSS4G conference is an international conference for Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial. FOSS4G-Asia 2018 aims to bring researchers, professionals and students together with FOSS4G users and developers worldwide on building and nurturing Asian communities to overcome barriers of technology innovation through open source transformation for sustainable development. FOSS4G-ASIA 2018 Conference will be hosted by Department of Town & Country Planning, University of Moratuwa. Conference committee is looking for a new visual identity, design an eye-catching logo. If you are good at designing a creative, innovative and professional logo, please submit your proposal.
How to enter
- Create your logo in PNG file format and a scalable file format (either SVG or PDF).
- If you're not used to scalable formats please still enter the competition as we can try to help.
- Anyone willing to show the talent can enter for this contest
- Send your design to the LOC via email.
Download the flyer PDF: Logo Design Contest Foss4gAsia2018 pdf
The design MUST
- Include elements of the OSGeo / FOSS4G "ribbon" as can be seen in all previous conference logos File:FOSS4G ribbon.pdf
- Include themes for FOSS4G Asia 2018
- Be easily printable on t-shirts with as few colors as possible. This keeps the cost of printing down.
- Be delivered in PNG file format and a scalable format (SVG or PDF).
- Not be similar to other mapping conference logos (Where 2.0, ESRI, SOTM...)
- Not communicate the brand of potential sponsors or related companies
- Not include copyrighted material that is not yours
The design MAY
- Come in different sizes (example: a main logo and a variant for use on small print media such as badges).
The design should communicate
- A sense of community
- The potential of free and open source geospatial tools
- A sense of learning and education
- Global movement
- Identity of the location
The design should not communicate
- Corporate / big business (as the sole element)
- For geeks only
- Closed community