Finance Report 2007
DRAFT financial statements for 2007 year-end are located here. These are not passed and approved by the Finance Committee yet.
THE FOLLOWING IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND NOT COMPLETE
The narrative for the Financial Report section, from the Finance Committee, is under development
OSGeo's first full financial was in 2007. While there were some funds to manage in 2006, the sponsorships and other costs really started moving at the end of the year and into 2007.
Highlights from 2007
- Dave McIlhagga was appointed Treasurer for OSGeo.
- The Board created a Finance Committee to oversee financial activities. The group consists of: Dave McIlhagga, Jo Walsh, Paul Ramsey, Ken Tamura, Tyler Mitchell. The group uses a public mailing list for most of its discussion. (See http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/finance)
Sponsorship & Revenue
There were officially seven sponsors during 2007. Three of whom donated at the end of 2006 but four additional ones who joined throughout the 2007 calendar year. Sponsorship positions have a 1 year term and all 2006 sponsors renewed their support for another year.
- $130,000 was from Autodesk as a special donation, giving them a Sustaining Sponsorship position
- $20,000 came from the Supporting Sponsors: INPE and Ingres
- $12,000 came from the Associate Sponsors: 1Spatial, First Base Solutions, LizardTech, WhereGroup
There was also significant revenue generated from annual Project Sponsorships through GDAL/OGR.
Our first year of fundraising was a success and helped sustain and surpass our financial needs for the year. Additional sponsors for the following year are already starting to come forward so our program can be extended.
More than $100,000 was raised from the FOSS4G 2007 annual event.
THE ABOVE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND NOT COMPLETE