Fourteenth VisCom Meeting
Date and Time
The meeting will be on November 16th, 2006, at 16:00 UTC []] (8am PST) (moved out a week, from Nov 9th)
The meeting will take place on IRC at #osgeo and as a [conference call].
- Assign scribe
- Roll call
- review of previous meeting's minutes and tasks
- New Business (below)
- Review action items
- Set next meeting date
- Event coordination with Autodesk. Discuss changes and future relationship. (Tyler/Nathalie)
- Promo. materials needed for upcoming event (Tyler)
- Future event planning list/budget for board
- Meeting 16:15 UTC - 17:00 UTC
- In attendance: Nathalie, Michael, Tyler
- Tyler acting as scribe
Focused on new business items
- Michael leading...
- Latest version of logo is here - as basis for future branding/logo work (NOTE: that designer was just playing with tagline in these examples. For most purposes the tagline will not be used)
- Michael is expecting first set of digital products from Push Design next week.
- Some interruption due to holiday coming up.
Executive Director Update
- Tyler provided update on his Viscom-related activities
- Re: Viscom, he has been focusing on sponsorship and promotion items
- Michael to have copy edit review of sponsorship page for us this week
Event coordination with Autodesk
- Tyler led discussiong re: AU event
- Autodesk is funding/organising our (10x10') booth at the event
- Tyler to do duty roster for booth - Tuesday night is essential (party/expo), Nathalie to send more names of staff who can help
- Autodesk pulled together more artwork for booth, will pass by us for review
- Future events need to organised/funded by OSGeo
- Nathalie to provide list of OSGeo assets (banner, table drape, pop-up signage, etc) and have them shipped to Michael
- Discussed event planning needs
- Tyler to review Lisa's docs. re: what we need to for future shows, i.e. "How to have a local event"
- Michael to send a copy of his corp. briefing book for our review
- Nathalie describing some of the items that need to be covered for an event
- Michael to complete draft list of upcoming eventsstill look at upcoming event list
- Nathalie is also looking at upcoming show lists - mainly interested in speaking opportunities for Autodesk. Looking for input on events where it might be best for Autodesk to have a corp. booth vs donating booth to OSGeo.
- Nathalie suggested approaching major tradeshow circuits, i.e. O'Reilly, in advance to look for deals, get estimates for deals on planning multi-events discounts, etc.
- Tyler describes two upcoming promotional/fundraising events that he will need promo. material for:
- Potential meeting with Canadian federal gov't groups (Ottawa, Dec '06)
- Potential meeting with US federal gov't groups (Washington DC, Mar '07)
- Tyler to start planning for needed promo material