Francophone Chapter Report 2009
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Francophone Local Chapter Report for 2009
- Contact name: Yves Jacolin
- We translated & published QGIS documentation release 1.0.0, and began translating QGIS release 1.4.0 doc,
- We signed an agreement with the French national mapping agency IGN to promote and create common projects,
- We assisted the French OpenStreetMap community importing data from the public sector,
- We worked on the translation of OpenLayers documentation. We're currently at the proof-reader step,
- We celebrated our first birthday as a Legal Association
Areas for Improvement
- We need people to help translating documentation & writing information for the future OSGeo-fr website
- We need more people to advocate OSGeo and Free and Open Source software and data to the francophone world! (but there are already some, out there ;-)
Opportunities to Help
- Get Involved! All contributions are welcomed.
- Sign up for the mailing list http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/francophone and say hello to the francophone world!
- Spread the "free geodata & free software" world !
Outlook for 2010
- Stronger contact and link with the French OpenStreetMap community - act as a Legal Association for them, if they ask us to. Discussions are underway on this possibility.
- Incentive to free more geodata from the public sector, with an eye on OpenStreetMap,
- Create and develop the OSGeo-fr website,
- Open Source village at the "Rencontre SIG La Lettre" Tradeshow with conferences and OSGeo-fr booth,
- "RMLL 2010" Tradeshow: a booth and several presentations to expect.