The GeoNetwork PSC requests a 2021 budget of $2500.
- $1000: Operational budget to assist any team and outreach activities
- $1500: Legal advice to evaluate the upcoming license change of Elasticsearch
Topic 1 includes:
- Bolsena Codesprint 2021 will hopefully be IRL, else online like last year.
- GeoNetwork User meeting will be online like last year.
- GeoNetwork website hosting, nightly builds
- Migration to Github Actions, Travis has changed its fees, so we're in the process of adopting Github Actions, which is more cost effective.
Topic 2 is required the Elastic team has adopted a license which is not OSI compatible. We have to evaluate if this impacts the license of GeoNetwork or any service deployment including GeoNetwork. Read more at https://anonymoushash.vmbrasseur.com/2021/01/14/elasticsearch-and-kibana-are-now-business-risks. ES has become a required component since GeoNetwork 4.