Google Summer of Code 2012 Results
Students and mentors made great work during the summer, and the code is ready for testing and merge with the projects' codebases.
In more detail, here are the accomplishments:
Todo: every student shall write a short paragraph containing:
- one-line description of the project, linked to a longer description in Melange/blog..
- link to the code and instructions how to test it.
This way, we wish to encourage users and developers to test the students' code and suggest further improvement.
Please start writing below, in the appropriate software section (alphabetical order):
- My project focused on 3D reprojection of map data, using GeoSphere and OpenWarp as base libraries.
- Please test code following instructions here.
- SURF-based algorithm for searching corresponding points on images. My blog and wiki page
- Github repository and included in trunk final code
- Image Segmentation using a region growing algorithm, with options to use starting seeds, multiple input bands, and segmentation boundaries.
- The source code is in the normal GRASS Add On repository, there are general add on installation instructions plus the manual page includes usage examples.
- Vector Network Analysis Tool is GUI front end for GRASS vector network analysis (v.net.*) modules.
- The source code is available in GRASS AddOns repository, information about installation and tutorial are available at wiki page.