Introduction to GIS
An introductory course on geospatial information science and systems. Up: Educational Resources
- geospatial information and data (scientific and technical viewpoints)
- principles of databases,
- computer graphics and
- information technology architectures
- basic cartography and geodesy
- some remote sensing
- geospatial problem solving with information systems
Freely downloadable texts are needed.
Potentially useful material listed at freegis.org
- GRASS Short Course 2003 (needs some updates)
- Introduction to GIS - A simple Bluetongue disease risk map (uses OSGeo software stack)
These need to have detailed instructions and pre-prepared datasets. Also instructions how to get and install the needed software.