Title: OSGeo-IE meeting
Date: 15.11.2016 16h00 (30 minutes)
Minutes Compiled: Daniel McInerney (input from Seth, Padraig)
Attendees: Seth Girven, Peter Mooney, Hrishikesh Ballal, Padraig Fitzmaurice, Daniel McInerney
Apologies: Ozan Emem, Richard McDonnell
- Introductions (welcome to Hrishi)
- Review of activities during 2016
- Plans for 2017 focussed on a 1 day workshop.
- Everybody on the call was supportive of the idea of running a one day event in Spring 2017
- Spring 2017 was identified
- Many felt that a Friday would be optimal, with the option of a codesprint/OSM mapping on Saturday if there was sufficient interest.
- Generally felt that outside of Dublin was good
- location should have good access (e.g. Limerick or midlands etc)
- People to review options
- Low entry cost (e.g. €50 - 100) - focus on cost recovery model rather than making profit from the event.
- Discount for students
- Possibly adopt PyCon approach (everyone pays including presenters & workshop organisers)
- Considered a priority to show that it is professionally organised & run event
- sponsorship options? Pay for refreshments or "guest" presenters
- Option to hold the event on organisation's premise