Knoxville FOSS4G Meeting - May 19th 2017
May 19th 2017
This is Tennessee's first FOSS4G meeting.
It's an opportunity for Free and Open Source Software for GIS users in the area to get together and discuss projects (like Forestry projects, or small Gov't projects), software (QGIS, PostGIS, etc), and get to know one another. The event is free. We are looking for sponsors (we'll make you famous). If you want to present a paper please email Randal Hale (email@example.com) and the group will get back with you ASAP. There are a limited number of tickets. So please reserve one so we'll know about refreshments.
Plant Biotech Building
UT Ag Campus
2505 EJ Chapman Dr
Knoxville, TN 37996
There are a limited number of tickets:
TO BE ANNOUNCED
If you want to speak email firstname.lastname@example.org and the committee will get back with you.
List of topics and speakers in nor particular order.
- Introduction to OSGEO Live - TBA
- What's New in QGIS 3.0 - Randal Hale
- GRASS AND LIDAR - Doug Newcomb
- LIDAR AND 3D Building Extraction - Carl Anderson
- Image Classification using QGIS - Frank Obusek
- Location Tech
- North River Geographic Systems, Inc.
- University of Tennessee Department of Geography
- UT County Technical Assistance Service