LOC conference call Jul 26, 2011

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

Attending: Bob, James, Libby, Matt K, Matt B, Tyler M, Tyler E, Jeff M

Summary of Actions

  • TODO: Bob, add Mark K to distribution list for speaker followup queries
  • TODO: Peter/Tyler: Review plenary slot descriptions - keynotes in particular are lacking and a few TBD for sponsor talks
  • TODO: Jeff providing description for BOF, Sol Katz for program.
  • TODO: Peter/Tyler - Libby needs more hi-res speaker photos for plenary speakers and logos, status?
  • TODO: Tyler provide OSGeo exhibitor description 75 words
  • TODO: Peter: provide welcome letter for program
  • TODO: At some point we will need to make the call on how many computers to put in rooms, i.e. allow a few extras for on-site registration? How many?
  • TODO: Program committee/Peter? Assess CANCELLATIONS - how to fill in cancelled speakers 2-3 so far.
  • TODO: More comments? Matt's top 10 going out tomorrow

General Items

  1. Matt K - will help confirm speakers, Bob described current situation. GITA drafting follow up for speaker information package.
    1. TODO: Bob, add Mark K to distribution list for speaker followup queries

Printed Program

By AUG 1 - Need review of the descriptions for all plenary, group activities, BOF. Copy to list so website and program are aligned.

  1. TODO: Peter/Tyler: Review plenary slot descriptions - keynotes in particular are lacking and a few TBD for sponsor talks
  2. TODO: Jeff providing description for BOF, Sol Katz for program.
  3. TODO: Peter/Tyler - Libby needs more hi-res speaker photos for plenary speakers and logos, status?
  4. TODO: Tyler provide OSGeo exhibitor description 75 words
  5. Peter: is LOC page on website complete enough for use in printed program?
  6. TODO: Peter: provide welcome letter for program

Sponsorship/Exhibits

OpenGeo signed up as exhibitor

Hotel

Rooms almost full in our block - over 800 mark! Awesome!

Workshops

  1. Room allocations still looking good
  2. Master machine sent to Chris H for machine setup
  3. Two workshops have < 10 - how to handle workshops with poor sign up?
  4. TODO: At some point we will need to make the call on how many computers to put in rooms, i.e. allow a few extras for on-site registration? How many?
  5. Jeff and James are aligned on workshop handout printed material prep timelines.

Academic

Libby working with Rafael and coast2coast for arrangement of posters, looking good

BOF

  1. Jeff coordinating more info for program and wiki
  2. Libby looking at room sizes list for references

Program

  1. TylerE - looking at final rearrangements of schedule and finding bios may be messed up where primary presenters were switched. Continuing to review.
  2. Bob sending confirmation speaker spreadsheet to list
    1. are follow up emails including academic speakers?
    2. TODO: Program committee/Peter? Assess CANCELLATIONS - how to fill in cancelled speakers 2-3 so far.
      1. Recommended to look at registration list and rejected speaker list - to come up with backup list of people who will already be attending

Marketing

  1. GITA focus on top 10 + video in their mailout next week
  2. TODO: More comments? Matt's top 10 going out tomorrow

Code Sprint

  1. Any ideas for how to continue promoting it
  2. Tyler continuing to work on sponsors for some food
    1. Review code sprint budget and line up catering

AGM

  1. Libby confirmed ballroom availability until 6pm - booked
  2. Jeff has been including AGM requirements in the RFP, hard to keep on the priority list for LOC somehow (lesson learned, but what lesson? ;-) )