Live GIS Disc Press Release 18
Call for interest in OSGeo-Live 5.0
8 May 2011
We are starting to build the 5.0 OSGeo-Live DVD which will be released at FOSS4G 2011 this September where it will be handed out to all delegates. We would like to hear from anyone wishing to add new projects to OSGeo-Live, anyone who would like to use OSGeo-Live in workshops, tutorials or similar, or anyone who has ideas on how we should shape the upcoming release.
Which project version?
Could each installed project please update our status sheet to note the expected version to be installed on OSGeo-Live 5.0. Status sheet.
Key Priorities for next release
- Disk Space
- We are reaching DVD size limits, and need to be creative about saving space
- Package Updates
- Update and test latest stable software releases
- Quickstart Reviews
- We have Project Quickstarts, but many haven't gone through comprehensive review yet
- We have varying levels of translations, and would like to increase that.
- With Quality being a key focus area for us, we need lots of help with testing.
- 04 Jul 2011 Feature Freeze
- 01 Aug 2011 User Acceptance Test (all Apps installed and working)
- 22 Aug 2011 Final ISO sent to printers
- 12 Sep 2011 FOSS4G 2011
OSGeo-live is an XUbuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything.
Mailing List: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/live-demo
or contact Cameron Shorter directly