Live GIS Disc Press Release 23
Call for interest in OSGeo-Live 5.5
2 November 2011
We are starting to build the 5.5 OSGeo-Live DVD which will be released in March 2012, ready for the Spanish FOSS4G, FOSSGIS Germany, GISRUK in England and the MapWindow/FOSS4G Regional Netherlands Conference, among others. We would like to hear from anyone wishing to add new projects to OSGeo-Live, anyone wishing to extend or add extra translations, or anyone who has ideas on how we should shape the upcoming release.
Which project version?
Could each installed project please update our status sheet to note the expected version to be installed on OSGeo-Live 5.5. Status sheet.
Key Priorities for next release
- Disk Space
- We have reached our DVD size limits, and need to be creative about saving space
- Package Updates
- Update and test latest stable software releases
- Quickstart Reviews
- We have Project Quickstarts, but most haven't gone through comprehensive review
- With Quality being a key focus area for us, we need lots of help with testing.
- 07 Jan 2012 Feature Freeze
- 04 Feb 2012 User Acceptance Test (all Apps installed and working)
- 25 Feb 2012 Final ISO sent to printers
OSGeo-live is an XUbuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything.