Live GIS Disc Press Release 53
Final OSGeo-Live 8.0 testing sprint - call to action
8 August 2013
We are calling for help for the final OSGeo-Live testing sprint, this weekend, 9-10 August 2014. We really want OSGeo seasoned developers to find any outstanding issues, rather than having them found in workshops or by new users in the released version.
So please consider joining our testing-sprint to verify everything works. (The many testers in our last sprint made a big difference to quality of our 50+ applications)
- Sign up at: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_53#Participants
- Download ISO from: http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/8.0beta1/ or http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/8.0/
- Chat about your progress with us at: irc://irc.freenode.net#osgeolive
- Update your testing status at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=13
We aim to have each application tested by both someone familiar with it, and someone less familiar.
And you will likely catch one of our core team on IRC outside this timeslot as well.
- 08 August 2014 Testing Sprint (UAT).
- 10 August 2014 Translations complete.
- 11 August 2014 RC2 release.
- 17 August 2014 OSGeo-Live 8.0 sent to the printers.
- Angelos Tzotsos, gcpp.kalxas gmail.com
- Cameron Shorter, cameron . shorter AT gmail . com
- Brian M Hamlin, maplabs -at- light42 -dot- com
- Hamish Bowman