Live GIS Disc Press Release 71
OSGeo-Live 10.5 beta1 released. Test sprint / Doc update
21 February 2017
OSGeo-Live 10.5 beta1 is ready for download at . We're looking for testing applications and updating docs and translations.
In particular, we need help to:
- Check if any new features need to be added to Project Overviews
- Run Quickstarts and verify they work as described. Please join us on irc://freenode.net#osgeolive in the upcoming days during our testing sprint.
- Update review status in our spreadsheet . (It really helps us know if an application has been reviewed, and by who).
- Translate docs that have been updated.
OSGeo-Live is scheduled to be the default installation at 20+ of the FOSSGIS workshops, and used at [FOSS4G-EU https://europe.foss4g.org/2017/]. We strongly urge all workshop leaders to test OSGeo-Live now and provide feedback, while there is still time to tweak anything required for the workshop.
What's been updated:
* Supporting isohybrid ISO images with UEFI * GRASS 7.2.0 * QGIS 2.14.11 * GDAL 2.1.3 * PostGIS 2.3.2 * GeoServer 2.10.1 * MapServer 7.0.4 * pycsw 2.0.2 * GeoMoose 2.9.2 * PyWPS 4.0.0 * OTB 5.8.0 * SAGA 2.3.1 * ZOO-Project 1.6.0 * pgRouting 2.3.2 * 52nSOS 4.3.9 * MapProxy 1.9.0 * retired Cartaro
- 23 Feb 2017 Testing Sprint
- 27 Feb 2017 English Project Overviews & Quickstarts complete
- 04 Mar 2017 Translations complete
- 06 Mar 2017 Release Candidate 1
- 20 Mar 2017 Final ISO sent to printers
OSGeo-live is a Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything.