Live GIS Disc Press Release 78
OSGeo-Live 11.0 - Need help translating and testing
4 July 2017
We're looking for help testing OSGeo-Live 11.0 beta1 and translating docs.
In particular, we need help:
- Testing. Run Quickstarts and verify they work. Join us on irc://freenode.net#osgeolive this weekend, 8 & 9 July 2017, for our testing sprint.
- Check if any new features need to be added to Project Overviews 
- Update review status in our spreadsheet . (It really helps us know if an application has been reviewed, and by who).
- Translate docs that have been updated. (Note, our spreadsheet  lists a number of retired projects which need updating in the overview.rst contents page and metrics.rst page.) You find the documentation at . Read how to get the documentation fom github and how to make pull request .
OSGeo-Live is scheduled to be the default installation at FOSS4G 2017 workshops. We strongly urge all workshop leaders to test OSGeo-Live now and provide feedback, while there is still time to tweak anything required for the workshop.
- 19-Jun-2017 OSGeo-Live delivered to UAT (final application versions installed)
- 15-Jul-2017 OSGeo-Live translation finished
- 24-Jul-2017 OSGeo-Live Final ISO
- 14-Aug-2017 FOSS4G 2017 Boston
OSGeo-Live (http://live.osgeo.org) is a Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything.