Memorandum of Understanding between
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation
the GSDI Association
The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is to establish a collaborative relationship between the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) and the Global Spatial Data Infrastructure Association (GSDI). Both parties to this MOU are not-for-profit organisations and share the goal of developing, on a global basis, collaboration opportunities for academia, industry, government organizations and individuals in development and use of geomatics software.
The MOU addresses the following topics and activities:
• Development of collaboration opportunities for academia, industry, government organizations and individuals working in geomatics with the purpose of creating a sustainable GIS ecosystem globally for implementing components of organisational, local and national Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI).
• Recognizing and promoting the importance of Open Source in the success of spatial data infrastructure initiatives.
• Contributing to development of training materials, e.g. case studies of applications used for SDI implementation, such material to be made available to the global geo-community.
• Promoting workshops, academic tracks and open access paper publications at the GSDI World Conferences and regional meetings, to educate and promote the use of Open Source software for SDI implementation.
• Providing promotional support for Geospatial Laboratories and Research Centers across the world, for supporting development of geospatial Open Source software technologies and expertise.
• Joint organization of events and workshops through the GSDI Association network for wider global promotion of OSGeo goals.
This MoU will be reviewed annually by both parties at which time revisions may be made and the agreement renewed.
Dr. David Coleman Prof. Venkatesh Raghavan, President GSDI Association President OSGeo Foundation Date: Date:
Prof. Helena Mitasova Dr. Roger Longhorn Vice-President Secretary-General OSGeo Foundation GSDI Association Date: Date: