Memorandum of Understanding
This MOU was officially singed on 30th September 2017 at 
- Memorandum of Understanding between
- The Open Source Geospatial Foundation and International Geographical Union
The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is to establish a collaborative relationship between the International Geographical Union (IGU) and the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo). Both parties to this MOU share the goal of helping share global geo-information and open source software with all communities.
The MOU will cover the following proposals and topics:
- To formally bridge the Geography community with the Open Source geospatial community.
- To promote the distribution and use of open geo-data sets in all communities.
- To promote the development of related GIS and remote sensing Open Source software.
- To work closely with the GeoForAll initiative, to help promote openness in education and research.
- To hold joint international workshops on global geo-information sharing through the use of open geo-data sets and Open Source geospatial software.
This MOU will be reviewed biennially by both parties at which time revisions may be made and the agreement renewed.
Professor Yukio Himiyama Name: President: International Geographical Union
Venkatesh Raghavan President: Open Source Geospatial Foundation