MOU Politecnico di Milano
This Memorandum of Understanding has remained a DRAFT. It was replaced by a Geo for All membership on February 2, 2013.
Initial OpenOffice draft (from September 2011) can be found here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/images/b/ba/OSGeo_Como_DraftMoU.odt
- Memorandum of Understanding between
- the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
- Politecnico di Milano, Como Campus, Geomatics Laboratory, IT.
The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is to establish a collaborative relationship between the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo), with its main address at 14525 SW Millikan #42523, Beaverton, Oregon 97005-2343, United States of America, and the Geomatics Laboratory (GL) of Politecnico di Milano, Como Campus, with offices located in via Valleggio 11, 2nd floor, Como, 22100, Italy. Both parties to this MOU share the goal of developing collaboration opportunities for academia, industry and government organizations in open source GIS software and data in Italy. More into details, The OSGeo is a not-for-profit organization founded in 2006 whose mission is to support and promote the collaborative development of open source geospatial technologies and data. In GL of Politecnico di Milano, Polo Territoriale di Como, a significant activity of research and development of open source GIS software and data is active from more than ten years.
This MOU shall remain in force for five years. Renews will be possible by written agreements between the Parties. The MOU will cover the following proposals and topics:
- GL will continue its activity for supporting development of open-source geospatial software technologies, training and expertise.
- GL will continue to provide hardware and infrastructure facilities for the development of at least 5 open source projects.
- GL will provide internship opportunities for high quality students.
- GL and OSGeo will cooperate to create opportunities for academia, industry and government organizations in open source GIS for the purpose of creating a sustainable ecosystem for open source GIS in Italy. [partners from academia, industry and government will be invited to be part of this initiative].
- GL and OSGeo will cooperate to promote OSGeo activities in Italy and GL will provide opportunities for students and researchers to work on OSGeo related projects.
GL will nominate two members in OSGeo, that will constitute the GL representative in OSGeo. OSGeo will appoint one OSGeo member as the liaison of OSGeo towards GL.
Each Party shall pay its own costs and expenses with respect to its activities under this MOU, and neither Party shall have the authority to act on behalf of or obligate the other Party (financially or otherwise) without such Party's prior written consent.
- Ludovico Biagi
- Scientific supervisor of
- The Geomatics Laboratory of Como Campus of the Politecnico di Milano
- Jeff McKenna
- Open Source Geospatial Foundation
- Maria Antonia Brovelli
- Vice Rector for
- Como Campus of the Politecnico di Milano