Jump to navigation Jump to search
I am an accomplished marketeer & market developer & evangelist for open spatial IT. Through presentations, lobbying, books/articles/blogs, start-ups and the like I have contributed to the dissemination of OSGeo-projects - such as PostGIS, GeoServer and OpenLayers - among end-users and decision makers.
- Interim & Consultancy Business Development and Marketing
- Lecturer Ebtrepreneurship, International Management, Marketing
- Director Sales&Business Development Boundless Spatial Inc.
- Chairperson Foundation for Software Reuse (The Netherlands)
- Chair Marketing Committee OSGeo.org (present)
- Board Member OSGeo.NL (past)
- Member LOC FOSS4G 2016 Bonn
- Chair Bidbook FOSS4G2010 Amsterdam
Open Spatial IT trackrecord
- Entrepreneur: B3Partners (Director/Owner 2000-2011) & OpenGeoGroep (Initiator & Trailblazer, 2007, open spatial SME joint venture)
- Books: 'Open Source Inside' & 'WebGIS' (waiting to be translated into English)
- Articles (English): Open business models for open GIS industry (GeoSpatial Today) & various in Dutch
- Presentations: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (Nottingham, 2010, MP3), The business of open source & software re-use (T-Dose)
Ambition for OSGeo.org/nl
To complement the existing strength of/within the Foundation with my technical-commercial qualities to further the cause of OSGeo.org.
- Email: infoATmarcvloemansDOTnl
- Skype: marcvloemans
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/marcvloemans
- LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/marcvloemans
- Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/marcvloemans