Marketing Meeting 2007.10.10
Meeting Agenda 2007.10-10
- Rename "Promotion and Visibility" to "Marketing" committee
- Arnulf nominates Jeroen to join VisCom / Marketing Committee
- Update Wiki pages ACTION: Arnulf
- Update portal pages (contact WebCom) ACTION: (add name)
- Update Flyer, new design, hq print outs (input from Jeroen)
- Proposed Service Provider Directory changes ACTION: Arnulf
- Clothing, etc - providing opportunities for people to buy stuff ACTION: Tyler
- Supporting events - for example
- OSGeo-fr at GeoTunis ACTION: Yves Jacolin
- OSGeo support on 3rd gvSIG conference: ACTION: Jorge Sanz
- FOSS4G 2008: Action: Tyler
- Please add
- Tyler Mitchell
- Arnulf Christl
- Yves Jacolin
- Arnulf will update Wiki pages.
- ACTION: Tyler to help compile a page for this and discuss with webcom
Proposed Service Provider Directory changes ACTION: Arnulf [17:34:54] <seven> I just need to make Arnulf write up what they discussed at the Board Meeting. [17:36:04] <seven> The idea is that service providers who want to can get "vetted" by the PSC of the projects that they want to provide services for. [17:36:17] nhvL is now known as nhv [17:36:34] <TylerM> So that PSC's can "highlight" individuals/companies as being OSGeo contributors.. right? [17:36:40] <seven> They should have somebody in the corresponding dev team or have provided translations, or doics or whatever is good for a project. [17:36:50] <seven> Yes. [17:36:59] <seven> Its like Karma points [17:37:02] <TylerM> As a way of helping direct "clients" to people are most involved in OSGeo. [17:37:14] <seven> Exactly. [17:37:23] <seven> There is a second way to get Karma [17:37:34] <seven> by buying oneself into OSGeo as a sponsor. [17:37:50] <seven> This will be depicted by a clearly distinct symbol [17:38:12] <seven> so that a service provider can be "blank" (like now all are by default) [17:38:31] <seven> or have a $$$ Tag (nice golden star...) [17:38:38] <seven> if they are sponsors [17:38:52] <TylerM> I'm looking forward to seeing it [17:38:58] <seven> or they have a golden, blue or grey (depending on the level) wrench [17:39:13] <seven> if they are core contributers, documenters, translaters, etc. [17:39:45] <seven> Yes, me too. Again it will probably not happen because Arnulf is a lazy metal dog. [17:40:14] seven copies the ideas into the meeting minutes...
Naming conventions for meeting protocol page names: "Marketing Meeting yyy.mm.dd"