Marketing Meeting 2016-11-25
The next Marketing meeeting takes place on Dec 14th Wednesday, 2016-12-14 at 20:00 Corresponding UTC (GMT).
For more info on joining the meeting see Marketing Meetings page.
Agenda (we did not manage to stick to the agenda):
- welcome new committee members
- 2017 planning
- budget request from board
- exhibition pack
- Suggest timeslot for future meetings
Attending: Marc(chair), jody(secretary), jeffery, nicolas, astrid
Meeting Notes: notes
- General introductions, acknowledgement that this is a committee reboot
- Very hard to focus on agenda
- number of things needing fixing (even for just the website) is a distraction
- Board has asked for 2017 Budget and committee guidelines
- We will need to negotiate a clear mandate with the board to answer that question
- Board has asked if the marketing committee we would like to be in charge of a website reboot?
- website discussion
- user-focused website
- RFP for external party, rather than rely on volunteer labour
- Expectation for $50k based on similar projects
- Short Term Planning
- short term planning to get the committee up and running
- branding: http://cartogenic.com/OSGeo-brand/guide/
- bi-weekly meetings while we get set up
- Mid-term website planning
- Strategy / Scope in December
- RFP January
- Award contract end of January
- Feburary start, expect a 2-3 month contract
- website deadline - foss4g boston
- action: bi-weekly meeting, next meeting Dec 14th (hangout, same time)
- action: next meeting Dec 14th
- team 1: Marc and jody shows interest in the committee and establishing mandate / budget. And then onto the 2017 stratagy document.
- action: mandate discussion with board
- action: budget request with board
- action: marc marketing plan google doc
- team 2: Jeff and nicolas show interest in website / branding may be interested in managing the rfp / vendor management.
- action: jeff start terms of reference google doc
- action: astrid review existing marketing collateral