At some point, we would like to have an external newsletter, for information and outreach purposes.
- Note this is distinct from Frank's Board-level, internal newsletter.
- Daniel is looking into getting RSS feeds for the main site and the project-specific sites -- this will form a sort of a newsletter for now.
- email or (gasp) hardcopy is still valuable to some.
- The GRASS newsletter is a good role model for this (the newsletter is written in Latex and managed in CVS)
- Markus started this idea on the VisCom mailing list on May 15th.
There is discussion to offer the next volume of the GRASS newsletter to OSGeo: http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-May/thread.html#23258 This did end up happening and the first edition of OSGeo Newsletter is starting early 2007.