OSGeo-BE-general-assembly-minutes-20180326

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
Open Source Geospatial – Belgium ASBL (OSGeo.be)
Rue de la Croix de Pierre 13 box 2, 1060 Bruxelles
Enterprise number 0641.662.720


Convocation: Annual General Assembly
March 26th 2018, 19:00
At Université libre de Bruxelles, Campus du Solbosch - building D - room DB6.133, Avenue Franklin D. Roosevelt 50, B-1050 Bruxelles

Attendance

Present:

Voting members :

  • Christophe Guisset,
  • Dirk Frigne (Administrator),
  • Gaël Kruwialis (Administrator),
  • Johan Van de Wauw (Administrator – President of the board),
  • Maëlle Vercauteren (Administrator),
  • Mathieu Carette,
  • Moritz Lennert,
  • Oliver May (Administrator),
  • Roel Huybrechts,
  • Tommy Oozeer (Administrator – Secretary of the board)

Absent:

Voting members :

  • Marc Ducobu (Administrator – Treasaury of the board),
  • Arnaud De Groof,
  • Jonathan Beliën,
  • Julien Collaer,
  • Nicolas Durane


Agenda

  1. Approval of the minutes of the previous general assembly
  2. Report about the activities organised/supported by OSGeo.be in 2017
    1. FOSDEM 2017
    2. BeGeo 2017
    3. National Mapathon 2017
    4. GeoDevEvening QGIS plug-in
    5. FOSS4G-Europe 2017
    6. FOSS4G.be 2017
  3. Financial report 2017
  4. Discharge of the members of the Board of Directors for the 2017 financial year.
  5. Provisional Budget 2018
  6. Composition of the board (mandates are expired)
    1. New members
    2. Resignations
  7. Composition of the voting members
    1. New members
    2. Resignations
  8. Preview of the events in 2018
    1. Events
      1. FOSDEM 2018 : 03/02/2018 - 04/02/2018 : Geospatial devroom. Contact person : Johan
      2. Bonn - code sprint : 18/03/2018 - 25/03/2018. Contact persons : Dirk, Johan, Moritz and Kris
      3. National Missing Maps Mapathon 2018: 24/03/2018. Contact persons : Maëlle, Joost, Jorieke
      4. BeGeo 2018 : 24/04/2018. Contact person : Dirk
      5. FOSS4G-fr : 15/05/2018 - 17/05/2018. Contact persons : Christophe C, Moritz, Maëlle
      6. FOSS4G-Europe : 17/07/2018 - 19/07/2018. Contact persons : Dirk, Johan
      7. FOSS4G Dar-el-Salam : 27/08/2018 - 02/09/2018. Contact person : Gaël
      8. Inspire conference (ANtwerp) : 18/09/2018 - 21/09/2018. Contact person : Dirk
      9. FOSS4G.be 2018
      10. GeoDevNights
        1. Postgres. Contact person : Gaël
        2. R. Contact person : Marc
        3. Python. Contact person : Mathieu
        4. Others
    2. Agreement to give mandate to the board to take the necessary actions regarding the events and strategy
    3. Plan actions about activities, events and strategy (see call for activities below)
  9. Mandates for the next term (2018-2021)
  10. Closing of the general assembly


Resolutions

Approval of the minutes of the previous general assembly

The minutes are approved.

Report about the activities organised/supported by OSGeo.be in 2017

All the activities are reviewed. Two event are discussed in more details.

GeoDevEvening QGIS plug-in

For the GeoDevEvening QGIS, around 16 persons were present.For the next one, organizing a social event may be a good idea.

FOSS4G.be 2017

There are some discussion about the possible collaboration with OSGeo FR and NL for our next FOSS4G. The conclusion is that our FOSS4G must remain a local event. Each year, we also manage to attract people from other countries. Some suggestions are also made for our next FOSS4G :

  • Keep one OSM track,
  • To improve the organisation of the event, we need someone to take the lead and be more pro-active. Last year, we did things very late. It worked but it's too dangerous to continue like this.

Financial report 2017

Marc sent the financial report 2017 earlier via mail. The report is approved but our accounting should be more open and must be presented in a more professional way. We also need to complete a form in order to be not liable to VAT. Johan will do it.

Discharge of the members of the Board of Directors for the 2017 financial year.

The general assembly unanimously grants the discharge to the board of directors.

Provisional Budget 2018

The budget sent by Marc is amended by the GA : participation at BeGeo and Inspire conference : 1000 € + VAT, 100 € extra for GeoDevEvening. Total Extra cost = 800 €. Reserve can be removed. The new version will be sent by the new treasurer.

Composition of the board (mandates are expired)

Everyone explains his motivation about why he wants to be a board member for the next 3 years.

New members

There are two new members : Roel and Mathieu.

Resignations

Maëlle resigns.

Composition of the voting members

New members

There is no new member. Johan will send an email to Meziane Khiar to see if he wants to join our community as a normal member at first.

Resignations

There is no resignation.

Preview of the events in 2018

Events

All events are discussed.

BeGeo 2018 : 24/04/2018. Contact person : Dirk

Dirk will contact the organisators in order to have a booth there at the same conditions that we received las year (500 € + VAT). There will be 7 presentations about open source / open data. Dirk will send us the details. The idea is to bring a roll-up and folders there. Mathieu will ask one his friend to make a design.

FOSS4G-fr : 15/05/2018 - 17/05/2018. Contact persons : Christophe C, Moritz, Maëlle

Inspire conference (Antwerp) : 18/09/2018 - 21/09/2018. Contact person : Dirk

We'll try to have a booth there if we can get it for 500 € + VAT. Dirk will contact them to see if it is possible.

FOSS4G.be 2018

Gaël will take the lead for our first FOSS4G Belgium preparation meeting. It will be held on April 19th at 18:00. The meeting place must still be defined.

GeoDevNights

The next GeoDevEvening could be held on the last week of may. The place Digit Yser may be interesting for us. Another kind of event may also be interesting in the future to help people on the technical side : OpenHelpNights. This could be done every 2 month for instance.

Agreement to give mandate to the board to take the necessary actions regarding the events and strategy

The general assembly unanimously agrees to give mandate to the board to take the necessary actions related to the events and the strategy. We also need to sign the charter members document.

Mandates for the next term (2018-2021)

The administrators have elected the following persons as :

  • President : Johan Van de Wauw
  • Treasurer : Roel Huybrechts
  • Secretary : Tommy Oozeer

Closing of the general assembly

There being no further business, the meeting then terminated.

Johan Van de Wauw            Tommy Oozeer
President                             Secretary