OSGeo at GeoWeb2006
- Michael is doing a presentation for OSGeo
- Gary is doing a presentation for Autodesk
- Ian is doing a presentation () for PSU
- Autodesk has booth space for OSGeo brochures: mpg to handle this
- Michael Gerlek
- Gary Lang
- Ian Turton
- Jason Birch (or maybe not?)
- Dave Patton
- Janice Denovan
Originally, there was a tentative dinner set for Tuesday July 25th, but that conflicts with a GeoWeb function that Michael is involved with, so the new tentative plan is to meet for 'drinks at the hotel' at 7PM on Tuesday July 25th.
- I(Dave Patton, dpatton on #osgeo) live in Vancouver, and would like to meet with OSGeo members who are attending GeoWeb. Michael will have a phone number to contact me.
- I'm not attending GeoWeb myself, but I'm open to meeting for dinner and/or drinks, and I could help out at the conference if needed.
- I'll be back in Vancouver by the evening of Monday July 24th.
An alternative suggestion from Dave to 'drinks at the hotel at 7PM' on Tuesday July 25th:
- If it's a small group that is going to meet(max 5 people, including me) I could pick you up at 'the hotel' at 7PM, and drive somewhere, as the weather is really nice in Vancouver right now, and it should last through Tuesday
- one option would be to drive through Stanley Park, over the Lions Gate Bridge, and up to the lookout on the road to the Cypress Mountain ski area, for a nice view of Vancouver
- another option would be to drive to Jericho Beach, and have a drink at the Jericho Sailing Centre
- Some suggestions(from Dave) for dinner places:
Ian doesn't eat seafood!!!
The best (only?!) time for mpg is after 7pm on Tuesday.