OSGeo icon set
To help to create a consistent graphical user interface experience for free and Open Source Software for GIS (Slight modification from Tango's motivation)
The Tango Desktop Project has been launched to do the same for the broader foss world. It has defined an icon style guide and uses the freedesktop.org icon naming specification. By using the same guidelines for the OSGeo icon set we can use the already vast set of standard icons available through the Tango project. The goal of the OSGeo Icon Set is to create the GIS-specific icons required by various software projects.
- See also OSGeo map symbol set
- Tango's base icon set
- GIS icon set Robert Szczepanek has created a GIS icon theme inspired by the Tango Project. We can use this as a starting point for the general OSGeo Icon Set.
- Toolbar icons for GIS applications (2008) by Robert Szczepanek, Geoinformatics FCE CTU 2008
- uDig Imagery Guidelines
- Mapbox icons (BSD License)
- latest 2017: https://github.com/Cracert/GIS-icons
A list of the GIS specific icons, preferably with their names according to the icon naming specification
Basic GIS object
Basic GIS action
- Steven M. Ottens (proposer)