PDX OSGEO 20120222 Meeting
- Buzz "200" when you arrive. The phone rings once or twice, then you'll be buzzed up. Elevator access available. Indoor bike parking available upstairs.
- Rob, Edwin, Tanya, Eli, Rafa, Matt, Scott, Tim, Jeremy, Jeff, Andrew, Neal
Regular meeting business
(e.g., Upcoming GIS events/conferences, next meeting presenters or topics, discussions, updates, etc.)
- Gift for OpenSourcery. If you were able to enjoy our old meeting space with them consider bringing a contribution of $5 or more.
- Soft Cities midnight commander blanket - contribute funds. Sign card too
- UTFGrid support for openlayers (Matt)
- ascii art mapped to data dictionary
- all in browser, avoids going to server
- Adding this new to OpenLayers (was in some others [modest maps, leaflet] already)
- New OpenLayers Layer and Control (UTFGrid) - similar to tiles - x/y/z
- ascii art and corresponding data dictionary are all in json file, can have multiples
- UTFGrids created by TileMill, TileStache (both Mapnik) python implementation perhaps coming
- Spatial surveys on the windows tablet (Tim/Ryan)
- Continue technique of using Django to take applications on and offline
- Tablets now - Windows 7 talet demo'ed
- Attribute surveys
- Mapping component (ExtJS, GeoEXT, OpenLayers...)
- Bigger buttons, pinch zoom, swipe, digitize
- TileCache pre-generated and accessed on hard-drive
- Easier to do on a full blown OS and get access to computer as opposed to iOS or Android
More regular meeting business
- GIS in Action conference talk proposals. Give your talk or let's brainstorm for them. Do we want to do an unconference day?
- Morning session will be smackdown - interfaces: leaflet(Lev or Rafa?), Google (Christian)
- Karsten not able to present due to schedule uncertainty
- Afternoon session will be smackdown - caches/servers: TileMill (Edwin), MapCache (), (Or: give afternoon time slot back, change title from ESRI+Open Source, Brian might have something, Dean ORTools...?) Update: depending on time slot, Dean can do ORTools. Dean is moderating for "Real-world GIS" so he is available.
- GIS In Action table: Sign up with Jeremy, include some focus on Surveyors (gvSIG/Sextante), GPS/Mobile,
- OSGeo 2011 Annual Report - see also: Discuss call for reports
- Notes in italic here
- State of the Map US in Portland in fall