Pycsw foss4g 2013 abstract
1. Presentation Title:
pycsw: Metadata Publishing Just Got Easier
2. I can give a practical demonstration:
3. Short Abstract (1 sentence, 100 words max):
pycsw is an OGC Compliant CSW server implementation written in Python, enabling publishing and discovery of geospatial metadata, providing a standards-based metadata and catalogue component of spatial data infrastructures.
4. Full Abstract (1,000 words max):
pycsw is an OGC CSW server implementation written in Python, enabling publishing and discovery of geospatial metadata, providing a standards-based metadata and catalogue component of spatial data infrastructures. This presentation will look at the history and motivation of pycsw, current developments, and why pycsw is quickly gaining momentum as the choice for CSW deployments among many open data portals (GeoNode, Open-Data-Catalog, CKAN/data.gov). The project is certified OGC Compliant, and is an OGC Reference Implementation. Since April, pycsw is under OSGeo Incubation.
- Case Studies: Relate your experiences.
- Benchmarks: Comparisons between packages.
- Business Cases: building the economic case.
- Visualization: effective presentation of information.
- Disaster Response: software, case studies, outcomes.
- Development: new developments in products. (X)
- Hacks and Mashes: novel solutions to our problems.
- Collaboration: data collection, data sharing, open standards. (X)
- New data: handling new data models, for example 3D & temporal data, or big data.
6. Who is the target audience for your presentation?
- People new to open source geospatial (X)
- Manager (X)
- End User (X)
- Technical / Developer (X)
- Angelos Tzotsos, OSGeo Charter Member, tzotsos[at]gmail[dot]com
- Tom Kralidis, OSGeo Charter Member, tomkralidis[at]hotmail[dot]com
- Jeff McKenna, Gateway Geomatics, jmckenna[at]gatewaygeomatics[dot]com