QGIS Incubation Status
(Redirected from QuantumGIS)
QGIS has graduated from the OSGeo Incubation on 14 March 2008.
- Has the project been approved for incubation by the OSGeo board?
- Yes. See IncCom thread and board minutes.
- Has an Incubation Mentor been assigned to the project?
- Yes, Bob Bray has been assigned mentor to the project.
Note, for each of the following it isn't necessary to move to foundation infrastructure, but if you aren't a reason should be provided.
- Has the projectname.osgeo.org domain been populated with the projects web presence?
- http://qgis.osgeo.org/qgis contains project information.
- Is the OSGeo bug tracker being used for the project?
- Is the OSGeo mailing list manager (http://lists.osgeo.org/) being used for the project?
- Is the OSGeo SVN being used for the project?
- Are binary and source downloads available from http://download.osgeo.org ?
- Is there a functioning user support mechanisms (ie. mailing list)?
- There are both user and developer mailing lists and a forum. All are in active use and seem to serve the community fairly well
- Are source and binary downloads for the package available?
- Has a Project Steering Committee been formed, and given control of the project?
- Yes the PSC consists of five members (we have one vacancy). Current members are:
- Marco Hugentobler - Technical Advisor
- Tim Sutton - Release Manager
- Otto Dassau - Community Advisor
- Paolo Cavallini - Financial/Marketing Advisor
- Gary Sherman - Chairperson
- Does the Project Steering Committee have documentation on project procedures for PSC decisions, contributor guidelines, etc.
- Yes, documents can be found on the wiki at http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ProjectSteeringCommittee as well as the main page (http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki).
- How many active developers are there? Are they from multiple organizations?
- There are currently 13 active developers, all from various organizations. Most contribute personal time rather than that of their organization.
- Have project documents been updated to reflect membership in the foundation, and the relationship of the project to the foundation?
- Not yet.
- Has an effort been made to brand the project web site with OSGeo foundation web styling and branding marks?
- The OSGeo banner/logo with a link to the OSGeo web site has been placed on the QGIS home page, blog, and download pages.
Code Copyright Review
- Has a Code Provenance Review document been prepared for the project?
- Yes, see QGIS Provenance Review
- Have issues raised in the provenance review been adequately addressed?
- No issues were discovered.