Sixteenth VisCom Meeting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Date and Time
The meeting will be on January 31st, 2007, at 16:00 UTC []] (8am PST)
The meeting will take place on IRC at #osgeo and as a [conference call].
- Assign scribe
- Roll call
- review of previous meeting's minutes and tasks
- New Business (below)
- Review action items
- Set next meeting date
- Full chat log at: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2007-01-31.log
- Attending: Tyler Mitchell, Michael Gerlek, Nathalie Mainland, Aaron Racicot, Perry Nacionales, Arnulf Christl
Updating committee membership...
- Michael moved to remove Lisa from membership, with a vote of thanks for her earlier contributions, Tyler seconded, all in favour
- Michael moved to add Aaron Racicot as a member of Viscom, Tyler seconded, all in favour
- Tyler moved to add Nathalie as member of VisCom, Michael seconded, all in favour
- Tyler moved to add Perry N. to committee, Arnulf seconded, all in favour, passed
Some questions about how involved other members in committee are likely to be.
Update from Nathalie...
- Introducing their work on a project with City of San Francisco, which highlights the use of MapGuide Open Source. They are aiming for a launch on March 7th, 2007.
- Answered Nathalie's question re: process for getting news out to public. Consensus is to send items to VisCom list and we'll help direct it for her if there is any doubt.
Event Management discussion...
- Michael described tactics for handling events for the next year, as now documented on http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Event_Plan_2007
- Arnulf pointed us back to the Event Owner requirement http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Event_Management#Event_Owner to help us be effective.
- Rough discussion centred around funding levels for various size of event, though it was agreed that larger size does always mean more expensive. He explained the need for better ownership/contact for events.
- Agreed that VisCom has a monitoring role over owners.
- Discussed some of the 'major events' that have been brought forward, where we need to be proactive to get prepared to cover. Several costs were mentioned: financial costs for booth, etc. but also costs to event owner (time) and volunteer resources (time and money).
more minutes coming...
- event management
- what events do we do in a big way this year? how much money?
- the biggies
- Where 2.0 (mpg, but needs successor!)
- Location Intelligence? (Tyler)
- OSCON (Aaron)
- FOSS4G (no work for VisCom, which is nice!)
- Intergeo 2007 (Arnulf?)
- Medium Events
- Digital Earth
- GITA events ?
- URISA ?
- AGIT 2007 (Arnulf)
- Small Events
- CalGIS ?
- Website Visibility
- header discussion re: colours
- Newsletter status
- Booth materials
- discuss 3rd party booth prep. / organising
- other drupal calender