Talk:Possible edu content format standards
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here we discuss various aspects of the debate around formats for learning materials.
- Use a variety of tools to suit the purpose of each component of the learning resources in preparation.
OER in General
See OER Handbook for Educators for some background which might help with the decision making. Specifically the section on Sharing OER. Kim 11:00, 9 July 2008 (EDT)
Key success factors for collaborative OER development:
- Be as modular as possible
- Have someone oversee the piecing together of the components and manage continuity (logical flow and consistency of style)
- Strong community - which already exists here - keep people focussed around specific tasks via a mailing list.
- eXe - which was developed with interoperability in mind (SCORM, IMS).