University of Nottingham Centre for Geospatial Science
The Centre for Geospatial Science of the University of Nottingham has signed an MoU with OSGeo.
The University of Nottingham is a world-class research intensive University and in the top 1% of all universities worldwide. The Centre for Geospatial Science is the key leader in the Open Source Geospatial domain within the UK. CGS is actively involved in multiple Open Source geospatial initiatives.
OSGL Advisory Board
As part of the 2010 MoU, an Open Source Geospatial Lab (OSGL) programme was started at CGS. In Dec 2010, the following Advisory Board was assembled to oversee the programme:
- Arnulf Christl (OSGeo President)
- Prof. Ari Jolma (Aalto University, Finland) (on behalf of OSGeo Board)
- Martin Daly (Cadcorp)
- Chris Holcroft (Association of Geographic Information)
- Steven Feldman (KnowWhere)
- James Passmore (British Geological Survey)
- Ian Holt (Ordnance Survey)
- Dr Gobe Hobona (Envita)
- Jo Cook (Oxford Archaeology)
- Prof. Maria Brovelli (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
- Phil Davis (GeoTech Center, USA)
Their first meeting will be held in June 2010 during the OSGIS event at University of Nottingham.