Margherita Di Leo
|Name:||Margherita Di Leo|
|Job Title:||scientific / technical project officer|
|Company:||European Commission, DG Joint Research Centre (JRC)|
|Language(s):||English; Italian; Spanish|
|Personal Description :|
OSGeo Experience and Roles:
Since 2012, she is a scientific / technical project officer at European Commission, DG Joint Research Centre (JRC), Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES), Unit: Forest Resources and Climate.
Location: Ispra (VA), Italy
Margherita Di Leo graduated in Environmental and Territorial Engineering with a specialization natural risks management. She gained her PhD in Methods and Technologies for Environmental Monitoring at the Department of Environmental Engineering and Physics (DIFA) at the University of Basilicata.
- Since November 2011, she has been an OSGeo Charter Member.
- Former board member of GFOSS.it (Associazione Italiana per il Software Geografico Libero), the Italian OSGeo local chapter.
- Member of GRASS GIS community.
- Since November 2012, she has been member of GRASS PSC.
- Co-Founder of the Open Geoscience Committee.
- Since 2015, OSGeo GSoC admin.
- Spoken languages
English; Italian; Spanish.