GIS Analyst and Developer, Câmara Municipal de Pinhel
Location: Pinhel, Portugal
Pedro works with Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing for about 10 years, and over the last 5, he uses only FOSS4G. He started with the early versions of gvSIG and QGIS, then GRASS, SAGA, GDAL, R, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MapGuide OS, MapServer, GeoServer, GeoNetwork, ... Apart from FOSS4G, he is also a user and evangelizer of FOSS in general (Linux, LibreOffice, Gimp, ...).
Over the last years, he has participated in several conferences in Portugal in the field of Civil Protection, where he has presented solutions based on FOSS4G. He also gave some workshops in the same area.
Pedro is currently responsible for the Cartography and GIS service of Pinhel Municipality (Portugal), where develops and manages the geographic information solutions (data models, databases, geowebservices, WebGIS, spatial models), using exclusively OSGeo projects.
- OSGeo Experience
- Co-founder of the Portuguese QGIS User Group;
- Co-organizer of the 2nd Portuguese QGIS User meeting (Coimbra, 2014);
- Active member of OSGeo-PT and QGIS-PT mailing lists;
- QGIS tester, bug hunter and reporter;
- Collaborator with Portuguese QGIS User Group in the development of QGIS plugins;
- Spoken Language(s)
- Portuguese, Spanish, English
- Profile last updated
- 20 August 2015