WebCom Meeting 20060315
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Web Site Committee Meeting 2006-Mar-15 Tentative Agenda
Chair: Daniel Minutes: Jason Conference Phone Number: 1-877-326-2337 conf ID: 320-6046# IRC: #osgeo Date: 2006-Mar-15 (in North America) Time: Wednesday March 15, 19:00 UTC
- Actions from previous meeting
- Jason to remove users mailing list (done)
- Daniel to add categories, and make it the default for the projects view (done)
- Daniel to add link to template to report page problems to WebComm tracker (?)
- Daniel to look into announcements functionality (?)
- Daniel to copy CSS into Documents and Files for review (?)
Web Site Items
- Logo contest live
- What next?
- Who wants to vet?
- Need an email to discuss and intl list requesting translators
- News Editor?
- News schedule?
- Press releases
- Explicity link to multi-language? (quite possible, just link to .html.ja page)
- Main content
- Coordinate through international list
- Precious action items
- annoncements still in the works, all others complete
- Action: Daniel to add link to project tracker to main site template
- Action: Jason to get in touch with MPG about getting assistance with vetting process
- Resolved: Submit final list of logo submissions to board
- Action: Jason to post announcement/week to the discussion list about logo
- Posted on last Sunday
- How many entries
- Good ones received, but more needed.
- Open to all
- Resolved: Logo contest vetters
- Jason, Perry
- news project (with SVN access)
- Action: Daniel to send email to discuss and international lists asking for translators.
- Action: Daniel to create news project and rationalize the content :)
- Action: Daniel to post to discuss asking for a news editor
- Action: Daniel to register IRC channel
- Resolved: Web site to be come more user-focused (implementation stories, people profiles, project profiles, etc)
- Action: Jason to set up Wiki page for fleshing out user-focus