WebCom Meeting 20060322
Web Site Committee Meeting 2006-Mar-22 Tentative Agenda
Chair: Daniel Minutes: Jason Conference Phone Number: 1-877-326-2337 conf ID: 320-6046# IRC: #osgeo Date: 2006-Mar-22 (in North America) Time: Wednesday March 22, 19:00 UTC
- Actions from previous meeting
- Daniel to add link to main page template to report page problems to WebComm tracker (?)
- Daniel to look into announcements functionality (?)
- Daniel to add link to project tracker to main site template
- Jason to post announcement/week to the discussion list about logo
- Daniel to send email to discuss and international lists asking for translators.
- Daniel to create news project and rationalize the content
- Daniel to post to discuss asking for a news editor (pending)
- Daniel to register IRC channel
- Jason to set up Wiki page for fleshing out user-focus (Done: http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus )
- Jason to get in touch with MPG about getting assistance with vetting process (On further thought, Jason doesn't think that this is necessary. Our initial "looks OK", public scrutiny, and post-contest vetting should take care of any concerns here.)
Web Site Items
- Looks like auto-sense does not work for .it translation.
- Maybe we need to consider alternatives? What are they?
- News project
- Structure ?
- Site Focus
- Jody's stories http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus
- Get Daniel's templates so we can start doing developer profiles.
- Write/get approved blurbs from existing projects and other non-OSGeo osgis projects (PostGIS, uDig, etc, etc, etc). Link these to developer profiles and user profiles as created.
- Ask discuss for "implementation stories" ?
- Ask discuss for REAL user profiles, to leverage Jody's stories as site content ?
- Landing pages for
- Who: Developers, GIS Professionals, Executive, Researchers, Students, Teachers
- What: Desktop GIS, Web Mapping, Geoprocessing, Toolkits
- These point to the projects (Software, Data, Education, etc...), implementation stories, user profiles, etc
- Carry Over
Action: Daniel to look into announcements functionality - Announcements (RSS) is broken, continue to monitor
Action: Daniel to add link to project tracker to main site template
Action: Perry to post to discuss/international asking for a news editor
Action: Daniel to send email to discuss/international lists asking for translators
Action: Daniel to register IRC channel
Action: Jason to post announcement/week to the discussion list about logo - oops, will send soon; ongoing
Action: Jason to move news into news project
Resolution: Use multiple links to language translations. Will need to do this in the news project.
- News project:
Action: Jason to put initial structure in place
Resolution: Use news project to post news as announcements (and linked html when required) and will manually link these announcements from the main page.
- Site focus:
Action: Perry to post to discuss/international asking for collaboration on WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus
Action: Get info posted on wiki; move over as fleshed out.