WebCom Meeting 20070131
Jump to navigation Jump to search
OSGeo Website Committee Meeting
Chair: Jason IRC: #osgeo When: 19:00 UTC on January 31st
- What do we want to add?
- Everybody should get an account!
- jb: I don't think so. perhaps for a separate community site, but I like the Wiki for that
- special case for translators
- review site roles
Existing protocol: minor changes, go ahead; new pages / sections require discussion / enable Moderation Queue (see next meeting minutes)
We OK with current?
- Nope, fix it green. New input from VisCom. To have more consistent corporate identity remove the blue mast head and replace by white (grey, whatever - up to discretion of WebCom). Maintain greenish style throughout site.
- What do we need to fix?
- Legacy URL remappings (jb: I believe that SAC is dealing with this?)
- tm: Need real menus so easy access to add new items,etc
- need multi-lingual support ASAP
- continue recruitment of translators
- when to create them, can we plan ahead for what we need?
- (jb: SAC is setting a policy on these)
- how to get more contributors up and running faster
- Drupal books seem to not implement translations?! some related discussions
See IRC Logs:
http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2007-01-31.log - from 10:00 - 11:00