The osgeo.org website is managed by the OSGeo community to empower everyone with open source geospatial!
- website content: If you need to update the website please reach out to the nearest board member, committee chair, or project officer.
- website service: The issue tracker page has an entry for website infrastructure tickets, all infrastructure is managed by the System Administration Committee (SAC).
Creating a Login
The osgeo.org website uses osgeo id for login, this is the common LDAP service used to access trac and many other OSGeo services (except this wiki):
- Create a Userid using this form: https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/create
- The form asks you to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A volunteer will answer your email with a mantra (small phrase)
- Using the mantra (small phrase) you can unlock the form and create a UserId
- Sign into the website and setup your profile
- Please be sure to include a profile picture!
- Once you have signed in:
- You can create events, news items and share resources (links and media) using the website
- To perform additional activities you will need to request an appropriate role as described below
For working with events, resources and local chapters:
- author for people that can write an event but can not publish (normally to people that very seldom do this task)
- editor create and review pending events done by an author (checking that link is ok before publishing)
For working on projects:
- project author for people that can write a project posts (but not publish). Used buy project members.
- project team capability of changing roles to other users, use it wisely!
- project editor used by incubation committee members to publish projects (confirming that they are collaborative, open source, and spatial)
For working with GeoForAll pages and GeoForAll lab posts:
- geoforall author used to write GeoForAll lab posts
- geoforall editor used to publish GeoForAll labs (check the link is okay before publishing).
For working on partner posts:
- partners editor used to write and publish partner posts. Role intended for use by board members and our partners.
For working on service provider posts:
- service provider author used to write service provider posts
- service provider editor used by the marketing committee to publish service provider pages (check link is okay before publishing)
- board - cross list board members
- user manager - capability of changing roles to other users, use it wisely!
- administrator - able to configure the website and theme