Promotion and Visibility Committee
From OSGeo Wiki
This page is superseded by the Marketing Committee page.
The mission of the Marketing Committee is to spread word and build a strong brand to enhance recognition of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation, foundation projects, and the use of open source in geospatial applications in general. We do this by:
- supporting OSGeo participations at events, tradeshows, and conferences
- creation of OSGeo marketing materials (brochures, logos, etc.), see also Marketing SVN
- aiding in the creation and dissemination of Case Studies, white papers
- outreach to other organizations, companies, groups, media
- acting as supplier and shopkeeper for and other OSGeo swag
The official committee web site is this Wiki. It is also the work place to organize events and create documents. Stable versions are available for download at the OSGeo web site http://www.osgeo.org, find the corresponding descriprions in the Library.
List of Ole'VisCom Members
Members of Ex-VisCom, please move your name to the new home of the Marketing Committee to show your continued interest and support.
- Arnulf Christl (link moved to Marketing Committee page)
- Torsten Brassat
- Michael P. Gerlek
- Alain Grignon
- Chris Holmes
- Tyler Mitchell
- Venkatesh Raghavan
- Perry Nacionales
- Aaron Racicot
- Nathalie Mainland
The Marketing Committee oversees the issuing of press releases for the Foundation (Press Release Process). Got some news you think is worthy of an OSGeo press release, or want to help translate some text? Let us know! Past press releases:
- 6 March 2006 - "OSGeo Created"
- Press Release 2006-07-19 "OSGeo at 6-month mark"
- Press Release 2006-10-06 "FOSS4G 2006 Conference Summary"
- Press_Release_2006-10-19 "Tyler selected as ED"
- Press_Release_2007-08-03 "Service Provider Directory Launched"
The Marketing Committee is responsible the Foundation's presence trade shows, conferences, workshops, etc. We can coordinate the booth, supply materials, arrange for speakers, etc. Please see out Event Management page for more information.
Upcoming events are listed on the Category:Events page by adding the Category to the corresponding page.
We have access to a trac system as task-management tool but are curently not actively using it.
- to be moved to trac:
It was planned to create an extensive library of presentations, white papers and other materials in the OSGeo Library at http://www.osgeo.org/library. Find more descriptions and links on the Library Page of this Wiki and get in contact through the Marketing Mailing List if you need anything that you cannot find in the library.