2015 Sponsorship Drive Working Group
- Goal: contact prior sponsors, blog post inviting new sponsors
- Participants (in email discussion, hangouts, or contacting sponsors):
- Communication: osgeo-board mailing list
We would like to thank all who participated in this activity.
- (done) Update http://www.osgeo.org/sponsors to reflect current sponsorship
- (done) Draft OSGeo 2015 Sponsorship price points
- invite feedback, revise
- status: complete, two proposals were merged resulting in bronze,silver,gold,platinum categories, a low $500 price point, discounts available to prior sponsors and recognition for sponsors of local/global osgeo events
- Contact sponsors that have expressed interest / prior sponsors
- (done) gather input in proposals. Sponsors sensitive to organization size, like the idea of event sponsorship carrying over to osgeo, ask about sponsoring local chapters etc..
- (done) gather input a sponsor perks / benefits. No special feedback.
- (done) Report back to board. Email sent.
- Update website with result
- Sponsorship drive
- bog post
- email prior sponsors
- Treasure: can update financial forecast as required
- Should this activity be outsourced to professional organization?
Contact list gathered from http://www.osgeo.org/sponsors, use this list as a starting point to contact sponsors, but the exact list of all past sponsors must be confirmed by the OSGeo Treasurer.
- Thinkware - contact for Q&A
- Gateway Geomatics (committed for $500 Associate sponsor)
- ASTUN Technology
- Boreal-Information Strategies (Borealis)
- First Base Solutions Inc.
- Institut Geographique National (IGN) France
- LizardTech, A Celartem Company
- Ordnance Survey
- PCI Geomatics
- Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE) Brazil
Additional contacts recommended by firstname.lastname@example.org:
The following email is used as a guide for communication.
Feedback from Existing Sponsors
Feedback on sponsorship options:
<Contact>: Your interest in sponsoring OSGeo is greatly appreciated. Sponsorship is used to help cover costs for our technology infrastructure, outreach activities and supporting the promotion and development efforts of our projects. We are looking at a number of creative options for sponsorship and have two alternatives for consideration: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_2015_Sponsorship Can I ask for your feedback on these two options? I would like a chance to answer your questions and listen to any suggestions you may have before proceeding with a recommendation to the board. For information on current sponsorship levels and benefits see our sponsorship page at: http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship . -- Jody Garnett OSGeo Board
Sample sponsorship drive to prior sponsors:
[contact]: OSGeo is restarting our sponsorship program and would like to ask if you are interested in supporting us this year. Sponsorship is used to help cover costs for our technology infrastructure, outreach activities and supporting the promotion and development efforts of our projects. We have revised sponsorship levels for 2015 with a 25% discount for prior sponsors, small business and our international community. We also seek to recognize those who have sponsored our local and global events. As a small business, and prior sponsor you qualify for two 25% discounts: Sponsorship Amount Your Discount Platinum $20,00 $11,250 Gold $10,000 $5,625 Silver $4,000 $2,250 Bronze $1,000 $562 With these two discounts your prior commitment of $3000 represents Silver sponsorship. If you choose to sponsor any local or global OSGeo event please let our finance officer know and the amount can be noted against your above sponsorship total. As part of this sponsorship drive we are soliciting feedback on the value OSGeo can provide your organization, and any sponsorship benefits we may be in position to offer. If you have a moment for an email discussion or hangout we would be glad to hear from you. -- Jody Garnett OSGeo Board
Local Event Sponsors
Sample sponsorship drive for local event sponsors:
<Contract>: OSGeo is restarting our sponsorship program and would like to ask if you are interested in supporting us this year. Sponsorship is used to help cover costs for our technology infrastructure, outreach activities and supporting the promotion and development efforts of our projects. We have a number of creative options for local event sponsors, based on your existing sponsorship of the GeoNode code-sprint you are already considered a Bronze sponsor. We would like your permission to list you as such on the OSGeo sponsors page. With our revised sponsorship levels we would encourage you to consider Silver sponsorship either directly by sponsoring OSGeo, sponsoring the Paris Code Sprint or sponsoring FOSS4G 2016 in Bonn. As part of this sponsorship drive we are soliciting feedback on the value OSGeo can provide your organization, and any sponsorship benefits we may be in position to offer. If you have a moment for an email discussion or hangout it would be great to hear from you. -- Jody Garnett OSGeo Board