Mission Statement / Chapter Objectives
Our inaugural "reboot" meetup is December 4, 2019. We will kick off the discussion there and work to arrive at a shared set of objectives over the next month or so.
(The Common Points of Interest Noted in 2010)
- (free) Alberta geodata
- free GIS tools in Oil & Gas & Energy
- GIS software in general
Email List and Members
- Our email list is active and monitored. Please see http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/alberta .
- see the page OSGeo Alberta Members (feel free to add yourself - after creating a wiki login)
We have a venue - Thanks, Assembly Coworking Space, for a monthly meetup in Calgary. The guys restarting this chapter are mostly in Calgary. We could really use participants/organizers from elsewhere in the province ( Edmonton / Lethbridge, I'm looking at you ).
The next meeting will be on the first Tuesday of the next month, August 3 2010. The meeting will take place at the University of Calgary. For more info check the postings on the OSGeo Alberta email list.
If you have suggestions or comments or anything else, please use the mailing list to allow for transparency.
If you need to speak with one of the organizers privately, reach out to Scott McHale: email@example.com.
- We are looking to hold events in Edmonton and the Calgary-based organizers are willing to travel to host an event, if needed. Help in identifying Edmonton ( and surrounding area ) speakers, sponsors, and venues would great.
Other Places in Alberta
- no info on meetings yet, but add your name below if you are interested
- Feel also free to join the meetings in Calgary
- Our email list: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/alberta
- Neighbours in the British Columbia Chapter - mainly Vancouver, Victoria, but also a few folk in the interior/north. Some may be interested in co-hosting meetings, etc.
- Canada page giving a good national view
see the same section in Calgary IG on GIS software and Alberta GeoData