A special interest group for archaeology would help develop both archaeology's use of open source GIS and develop archaeology's use of GIS. The latter would be helped by using open source tools that could be adapted to deal with the special requirements of archaeology GIS, in stark contrast to the proprietary tools commonly used.
- http://list.iosa.it International Mailing List
- http://www.arc-team.com Creators of the first GNU/Linux distribution for archaeology
Archaeology-Focussed GIS Blogs
- http://www.gisarch.com/2006/06/08/mapbender-wms-yucatan-penninsula-mayan-archaeology-sites/ Interesting blog article about the Yucatan Penninsula
Open Source Persuaders
Mapping The Past - (OSGeo Arch. Sig) Theory Group discussing the practice of mapping history
Sign up here!
- andrewlarcombe"andrewlarcombe" is not recognized as a Boolean (true/false) value.
- vera"vera" is not recognized as a Boolean (true/false) value.
- user:Mark D
- David Staveley