Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2021-12-27"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "This board meeting is '''scheduled Monday 27 December 2021''' at [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2021&month=12&day=27&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=2...")
 
 
(17 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 9: Line 9:
 
# ''Review and approve past minutes''
 
# ''Review and approve past minutes''
 
#* [[Board_Meeting_2021-11-29]]
 
#* [[Board_Meeting_2021-11-29]]
 +
# Brief report from CRO about elections 2021
 +
# GISCollective [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2021-December/012957.html]
 +
# FOSS4G 2021 budget report
 +
# FOSS4G 2022 updates
 +
# Budget 2022 planning
 +
# gvSIG budget request [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2021-December/012959.html]
 
# Add your topic here
 
# Add your topic here
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Presiding:
+
* Presiding: -
* Scribing:
+
* Scribing: all
* Attending:
+
* Attending: Michael, Astrid, Angelos, Vicky, Tom, Michele
* Guests:
+
* Guests: Maria A., Luca, Anne
 +
 
 +
=== Review and approve past minutes ===
 +
 
 +
* [[Board_Meeting_2021-11-29]]
 +
* Motion open on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/KZfpO9Bo/motion-to-approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2021-11-29
 +
 
 +
=== Brief report from CRO about elections 2021 ===
 +
 
 +
* Anne reports that the election process is completed. Anne and Jorge will obtain the final results of the Board election and the accompanying statistics from Limesurvey, and publish them on the dedicated wiki page.
 +
 
 +
=== FOSS4G 2021 budget report ===
 +
 
 +
* Maria presenting
 +
* almost 1900 attendees
 +
* https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ux_hFq-C165140ZD48RRImPTHSpXj42OG3nBr9cyZYo/edit#gid=1782600951
 +
 
 +
MOT1: Motion to accept 72% (instead of 80%) of FOSS4G 2021 amount (138k USD) in OSGeo accounts and leave remaining 8% in Geolibres accounts for future local events.
 +
* Michael +1 initial motion
 +
* Angelos second +1
 +
* Astrid +1
 +
* Michele +1
 +
* Tom +1
 +
* Vicky +1
 +
* Motion passed during meeting
 +
 
 +
=== FOSS4G 2022 updates ===
 +
 
 +
* ACTION (Luca): contract between GFOSS and OSGeo
 +
** We need to find a previous contract as a sample.
 +
** 2017 agreement https://nextcloud.osgeo.org/s/sN2jgJYrJbbJiGW
 +
** 2016 agreement https://nextcloud.osgeo.org/s/xwnK6s7PzBNJwXb
 +
* ACTION (board): travel grant
 +
** Amount of $ (pending OSGeo budget discussion, also depends on online or f2f event) Current law in Italy permits 600 participants.
 +
** How to proceed with the call
 +
* real TGP or replaced online ticket. Discussion about how to proceed with the TGP. Preferred to support people from the region/europe and provide online tickets
 +
* budget
 +
* Online ticket is planned
 +
* Seed money is not needed at the moment. In 4 weeks money is needed. Conference Team should ask in the budget call 2022
 +
 
 +
=== GISCollective ===
 +
 
 +
* https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2021-December/012957.html
 +
* No one from the GISCollective team is present. Topic postponed for next meeting
 +
 
 +
=== Budget 2022 planning ===
 +
 
 +
* Email to projects from last year https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/projects/2020-December/000263.html
 +
* ACTION (Astrid): Tweet/News/Announcement about projects/committees Budget requests for 2022 (Done)
 +
* https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/projects/2021-December/000317.html
 +
* ACTION (Angelos): Wiki Page for Budget 2022 (Done)
 +
* [[OSGeo_Budget_2022]]
 +
 
 +
=== gvSIG budget request ===
 +
 
 +
* https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2021-December/012959.html
 +
* ACTION: Angelos to e-mail with the 2000$ approval and ask the project to send a request for the remaining amount in their 2022 budget request. (Done)
  
 
=== Actions ===
 
=== Actions ===
 +
 
* See https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues
 
* See https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues
  
Line 28: Line 91:
  
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board]]
[[Category:Board Meetings 2022]]
+
[[Category:Board Meetings 2021]]

Latest revision as of 03:30, 30 December 2021

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 27 December 2021 at 16:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

  1. roll call
  2. appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  3. Review and approve past minutes
  4. Brief report from CRO about elections 2021
  5. GISCollective [1]
  6. FOSS4G 2021 budget report
  7. FOSS4G 2022 updates
  8. Budget 2022 planning
  9. gvSIG budget request [2]
  10. Add your topic here

Minutes

  • Presiding: -
  • Scribing: all
  • Attending: Michael, Astrid, Angelos, Vicky, Tom, Michele
  • Guests: Maria A., Luca, Anne

Review and approve past minutes

Brief report from CRO about elections 2021

  • Anne reports that the election process is completed. Anne and Jorge will obtain the final results of the Board election and the accompanying statistics from Limesurvey, and publish them on the dedicated wiki page.

FOSS4G 2021 budget report

MOT1: Motion to accept 72% (instead of 80%) of FOSS4G 2021 amount (138k USD) in OSGeo accounts and leave remaining 8% in Geolibres accounts for future local events.

  • Michael +1 initial motion
  • Angelos second +1
  • Astrid +1
  • Michele +1
  • Tom +1
  • Vicky +1
  • Motion passed during meeting

FOSS4G 2022 updates

  • ACTION (Luca): contract between GFOSS and OSGeo
  • ACTION (board): travel grant
    • Amount of $ (pending OSGeo budget discussion, also depends on online or f2f event) Current law in Italy permits 600 participants.
    • How to proceed with the call
  • real TGP or replaced online ticket. Discussion about how to proceed with the TGP. Preferred to support people from the region/europe and provide online tickets
  • budget
  • Online ticket is planned
  • Seed money is not needed at the moment. In 4 weeks money is needed. Conference Team should ask in the budget call 2022

GISCollective

Budget 2022 planning

gvSIG budget request

Actions

IRC Log

  • no log, a jitsi meeting

Next meeting