FOSS4G 2021 Bid Process
- FOSS4G 2021 will most likely be held in "Other Regions".
- "Letters of Intent" will be accepted from potential Local Organizing Committees (LOC) from "Other Regions" - these are all parts of the world excluding Europe and North America. If there are no submissions from groups outside Europe and North America, letters from these regions will then be solicited.
- Regardless whether one or more letter(s) of intent are received, the Conference Committee members will vote. The vote procedure for 2021 is as follows: Every member of CC votes on every LoI. LoI's that receive more than 50% of "thumbs up"-votes will pass stage 1.
- Selected letters will be invited to prepare a full bid based on the usual RFP process.
- A proposal outlining budget, potential sponsors, LOC members, and venue costs will be required, even if only one letter is received.
- Based on experiences from the past years, we would like to stress the following tasks:
- OSGeo anticipates a Travel Grant program. There is a budget from OSGeo, but we expect the bidder to further collect money for TGP and to offer free or at least reduced passes for grantees.
- The bid should stress the alignment with OSGeo values as given in OSGeo's CoC and contain hints on a conference CoC
Voters on RfP 2021
# Maria Brovelli # Till Adams # Steven Feldman # David Bitner # Paul Ramsey # Eli Adam # Vasile Craciunescu # Michael Terner # Peter Batty # Sanghee Shin # Mark Iliffe # Darrell Fuhriman # Gavin Fleming # Claude Philipona
CRO's on RfP 2021
CRO's will receive the votes for both stages and send the final results (but no counts!) to the chair of the committee. This year we are happy to have Arnulf and Codrina on board.
Summary of Important Dates (AoE)
|Release RFP:||2019 September 6.|
|Letters of Intent (Stage 1) due:||2019 September 27.|
|Stage 1 question period:||2019 September 28. to 2018 October 4.|
|Stage 1 polling Period:||2019 October 05. to 2019 October 10.|
|Stage 1 decision announcement:||2019 October 11.|
|Proposals (Stage 2) due:||2019 November 22.|
|Stage 2 question period:||2019 November 23. to 2019 December 06.|
|Voting Period:||2019 December 07. to 2019 December 13.|
|Selection of host city announced||2019 December 18.|
Letters of Intent
- Accepted until September 27, 2019
- Limited to two pages
- Read the RFP document (below) and answer the following questions:
1. Who is your conference chair?
2. Who is on your local organizing committee (LOC)?
3. What is the experience of your committee members with similar events? 4. What is your proposed venue? (include access to Internet, room sizes, maximum attendees) 5. What are your provisional dates for the conference? 6. Early thoughts on prices of conference attendance? (indicative estimates) 7. What is the price range and general location of your proposed accommodations? (hotels) 8. Are you partnering with other organizations? (e.g. local entities or other events like HOT OSM Summit) 9. What makes FOSS4G in your proposed location and with your team compelling?
Letter of Intent Review
- Letters of Intent were received from the following local committees:
- Questions will be asked of LOCs on conference_dev 2019 September 28 to 2018 October 4 - be prepared to answer the questions ASAP!
- Conference committee will vote and results announced on 2019 October 11.
- Letters with more than 50% thumbs up will be passed on to the proposal stage.
- If there are no qualified letters from the priority region, then additional regions will be considered or solicited.
Bid Process Stage One
List of voters for Stage One
Result for Stage One
Proposals were received from the following local committees: