Difference between revisions of "International Outreach"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Revision as of 11:36, 19 October 2008
At it's formation, the Open Source Geospatial Foundation agreed it was important that it be very international, and represent and weld together Open Source geospatial activities around the globe. A lot has aready been achieved with the creation of formal Local Chapters and less formalized local activities.
- OSGeo Portal Translations Some content has already been translated into several languages.
- Organizing translation of documents
- identifying Like Minded Regional Organizations, and making recommendations on how OSGeo ought to relate to them.
- Creating non-english mailing lists and local news pages.
- Supporting translation of software packages.
- Publicizing projects
- OSGeo appearance at conferences and other activities: see Current events
If a local area group is interested in having a local discuss list, please see Requesting an Area Mailing List.