OSGeo Budget 2019
OSGeo board operates according to our bylaws providing vision and direction for our foundation. The board has also taken on responsibility setting for an annual budget, building partner relationships, sponsorship program and code sprints.
|Admin||3,000||Operational expenses including insurance, tax filing fees, accountant, bank fees.|
|Partners and Sponsors||2,000||relationship building, attending b2b functions, foss4g/foss4ge/foss4gna/foss4g-asia breakfast meetings|
|Code Sprints||20,500||board responsible for handling code sprint requests, breakdown covered below|
|Events||10,000||Consider supporting events, to avoid confusing code sprint program above|
The following committees have been formed to fulfill out goals as an organization, each committee is provided a mandate, with the chair of the committee represented as an officer of our organization.
- Code of Conduct Committee
- Conference Committee
- GeoForAll - committee acting as advisory board for the GeoForAll Initiative
- Incubation Committee - committee providing hands-on support for project teams adopting open source principles and practice.
- Marketing Committee - outreach and advocacy support
- Open GeoScience Committee
- System Administration Committee - foundation infrastructure
- UN Committee - committee responsible for our participation in the UN Open GIS program
|Open GeoScience||TBD||pending request|
|Conference||25.000||TGP, 50-60% for global event, rest for regional events|
|Marketing||TBD||pending request, not no active chair|
|UN Committee||11000 $ (tentative)||UN Open GIS Initiative Meetings (Pilot in South Sudan and workshop in Kazakistan = 5000 $) + 2 OSGeo UN Challenge (one for preparing PostGIS training material - 3000 $ - and one for computing SDGs with FOSS4G software and open data - 3000 $).|
|OSGeo Incubation||18,000||Rough breakdown of 3,000 per incubation project to be used strictly towards progress on OSGeo incubation. Note all projects in incubation have access to additional funding via the osgeo community project program. Committee itself expects no appreciable expenses.|
Total Committees Budget for 2019: TBD
OSGeo initiatives have formed to pursue a specific short term, or long term goal. Initiatives maybe formed by a committee or the board as required. Iniativies a great way to collaborate with projects, committees and partners.
- GeoForAll - education and research program produced in collaboration with our partners
- FOSS4G - event series produced in collaboration with the conference committee and local chapters
- Local Chapters - outreach initiative establishing regional OSGeo groups for direct grassroots advoacacy
- Open GeoScience - outreach and advocacy geoscience community
- GSoC - coordinate participation in google-summer-of-code and code-in activities
- OSGeoLive - outreach initiative providing
- Meta CRS - interoperability initiative promoting data sharing with cross project spatial reference system compatibility
- Trave Grant Program - provides assistance for attending OSGeo events
|FOSS4G||Managed by Conference Committee|
|Local Chapters||Managed by board, no direct funding requests|
|Open GeoScience||Managed by Open Geo Science Committee|
|GSoC||Previously had requests to help students attend events|
|OSGeoLive||0||Now an initiative of the OSGeoLive project|
|Meta CRS||Critical group for our interoperability goal, ask participants if they need any assistance|
|Travel Grant Program||TBD||Previous years used 10k commitment + 10k matching sponsor donations|
Total Initiatives Budget for 2019: TBD
OSGeo Projects each have a project steering committee, the chair of which is acknowledged as a foundation officer with spending authority on behalf of their committee.
- Note this is a budget, representing planned spending in 2019 - actual balance available to each PSC (from fundraising, donations and sponsorship) may be considered when planning.
|GDAL/OGR||5000||Renewal of Travis-CI plan for 11 parallel workers. Will also benefit to all other projects under the OSGeo github organization: homebrew-osgeo4mac, proj.4, libgeotiff, etc.|
|gvSIG||3000 USD||Details of the budget at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019|
|MapGuide Open Source|
|QGIS Grant Programme Call 2019: bug fixing and polishing of existing features |
QGIS Server: improve WFS compliance from currently 50% to 100% (daily status reports at http://tests.qgis.org/ogc_cite/wfs_110/)
Total Projects Budget for 2019: TBD
Community projects act through the board as they do not have a project officer.
|pgRouting||2,000||Travel expenses to FOSS4G Romania|
Total Community Projects Budget for 2019: TBD
We have asked project teams for guidance to help set our code sprint budget:
- please note our Code Sprint Guidelines ask for event details, budget and fundraising on your part.
- Code sprint funding is setup to help carry funds from one event to the next allowing us to hold more code-sprints with a smaller annual budget.
- Out priority is to share the risk with organizers allowing access to funds early to book facilities as required
- We had requests to fund sprints that were part of larger events, these escaped our 2017 planning but were still funded to the best of our abilities
|OSGeo annual code sprint|
|PostGIS Code Sprint||3,000||In support of venue/event or travel for committer to other OSGeo code sprint|
|Bolsena Code Sprint|
|Small Code Sprints||10,000|
|QGIS Developer Meeting and User Conference||€3,000||in March in A Coruna, Spain|
Total Code Sprint Budget for 2019: TBD
These funds are approved as part of the board budget for 2018.
Approval and Amendments
- Budget Meeting: Board_Meeting_2019-01-04