Difference between revisions of "OSGeo Community Sprint 2019"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Revision as of 05:47, 4 April 2019
Annual Community Sprint comes to Minnesota in 2019!
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Sponsors
- 3 Dates and Times
- 4 Other Events from January to May 2019
- 5 Location
- 6 Schedule
- 7 Social Events
- 8 Project Plans
- 9 Participants
- 10 Communication
- 11 Costs
- 12 Individual preparation
- 13 Sponsoring
- 14 Event Owner
- 15 Press Release
Bring together project members to make decisions and tackle larger geospatial problems as in previous years:
- Bonn (2018)
- Daytona_Beach (2017)
- Paris (2016)
- Philadelphia (2015)
- Vienna (2014)
- Boston (2013)
- Island Wood (Seattle) (2012)
- Montreal (2011)
- New York City (2010)
- Toronto (2009)
Sponsoring Find out about Sponsoring the Event.
- Venue Sponsor
- Gold Sponsors
- Silver Sponsors
- Bronze Sponsors
Dates and Times
- Date: May 14-17 (4 days)
- Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm each day
Other Events from January to May 2019
- OSGeo's 13th birthday Feb 4
- FOSS4G-NA 2019, April 16-19 in San Diego, CA
- please add your event
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- Wilson Research Collaboration Studio: https://www.lib.umn.edu/wilsonstudio
- Wilson Library, West Bank
Several hotels are within walking distance of the venue. Here are a few options:
|Hotel Name||Price Range (USD)||Distance||Notes|
|Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis||175$+||.5 mile||Walking distance to Wilson Library, University Campus|
|Graduate Minneapolis||185$+||1.9 miles||On University Campus and Light Rail transportation|
|Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis||152$+||2.2 miles||On Light Rail transportation|
How to get there
Sixteen commercial passenger airlines service the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP); 11 are located at Terminal 1 - Lindbergh and 5 are located at the Terminal 2 - Humphrey.
Light Rail Transit - Light rail transit (LRT) trains stop at both Terminal 1-Lindbergh and Terminal 2-Humphrey and connect travelers to 17 other destinations, including downtown Minneapolis to the north and Mall of America to the south.
Metro Transit Map of LRT Stations shows the light rail stops; take the Blue Line to the Cedar-Riverside stop for the Wilson Library, University of Minnesota venue.
- breakfast each day around 8:30am
- lunch every day around 12:30pm
- Monday (5/13) - Welcome Gathering at Town Hall Brewery (time TBD)
- Tuesday (5/14) - Pizza at Surly Brewing (time TBD)
- Wednesday (5/15) - Free Portrait Photos (10:00am - 3:00pm) by Bill Adams Photography
- Wednesday (5/15) - Food, beverages and lawn bowling at Brits Pub (time TBD)
(i.e what do you wish/want/plan to work on during the sprint ?)
- MapServer 8.0 Roadmap
- new Proj.4 API support
- add your project
Please add your name and the projects you are planning to sprint and note the likeliness of your attendance.
|1||Steve Lime||USemail@example.com||State of Minnesota||MapServer||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|2||Howard Butler||USfirstname.lastname@example.org||Hobu, Inc.||PROJ, GDAL, PDAL||x||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|3||Connor Manning||USemail@example.com||Hobu, Inc.||Entinwe, PDAL||x||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|4||Jim Klassen||USfirstname.lastname@example.org||SharedGeo||MapServer, GDAL, GeoMoose||x||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|5||Bob Basques||USemail@example.com||SharedGeo||MapServer, GeoMoose||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|6||Paul Ramsey||CAfirstname.lastname@example.org||Crunchy Data||PostGIS, GEOS||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|7||Dan "Ducky" Little||USemail@example.com||MapServer, GeoMoose||x||x||x||x||x||x||Certain||No pref|
|8||Daniel Morissette||CAfirstname.lastname@example.org||Mapgears||MapServer, GDAL/OGR||x||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|9||Kari Geurts||USemail@example.com||State of Minnesota||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|10||Even Rouault||France||even.rouault at spatialys.com||Spatialys||GDAL/OGR, PROJ, Mapserver||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|11||Piero Toffanin||US||pt at masseranolabs.com||MasseranoLabs||OpenDroneMap||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|12||Stephan Meißl||ATfirstname.lastname@example.org||EOX||MapServer, EOxServer||x||x||x||x||50%|
|14||Kirk McKelvey||USemail@example.com||Extensis (was LizardTech)||x||x||x||x||Very Likely|
|15||Martin Davis||CAfirstname.lastname@example.org||Crunchy Data||PostGIS, GEOS||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|18||Rich Greenwood||USemail@example.com||Greenwood Mapping, Inc.||x||x||x||x||Certain||veg|
|19||Michael Smith||USfirstname.lastname@example.org||US Army Corps||PDAL,Proj,GDAL,MapServer||x||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|20||Jim Hughes||USemail@example.com||CCRi||GeoMesa, JTS, GeoTools, GeoServer||x||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|21||Tom Kralidis||CA||tomkralidis at gmail.com||self||pycsw, OWSLib, pygeoapi, GeoHealthCheck, MapServer, other geopython projects||x||x||x||x||x||Certain|
|22||David Bitner||USfirstname.lastname@example.org||SolSpec||OpenDroneMap, Serverless Geospatial Projects||x||x||x||x||x||Very Likely|
|23||Nathan Casler||USemail@example.com||SolSpec||OpenDroneMap||x||x||x||x||x||Very Likely|
|24||Dan Baston||USfirstname.lastname@example.org||ISciences LLC||GEOS et al||x||x||x||x||Certain|
- Please join the mailing list: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/tosprint
- IRC chat during the event: #tosprint Server: irc.freenode.net
Participants should plan for the following costs:
- Travel to Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Accommodation for x nights
- Bring your own laptop
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (photo: ). See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Install Git and compiler tools, and come with a working development environment
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) has a long tradition of organizing code sprints for developers of Open Source GIS software. (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Code_Sprints).
An international community/code sprint for OSGeo will take place May 14-17, 2019.
We expect about 50 developers from all over the world to come from various OSGeo projects. Whether desktop application, geospatial library, metadata catalog or web mapping: be sure to find products in the list that you use. The sprint is also an opportunity for your developers to meet with the core developers of the projects, get a deeper insight into the software and participate in the development.
This years' sprint will take place at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities in Minneapolis and will be hosted by U-Spatial and organized by SharedGeo and members of the local OSGeo user group (TCMUG).
In addition to the costs of providing the technical infrastructure and space, food and drink for the developers represents the main cost. Morning/afternoon meals and drinks during the day are planned. In addition, we hope to provide several evening meals and social events.
In order to cover these costs we would be overjoyed to accept offers of sponsorship!
What we can offer:
- Your logo on top of the community sprint website as well as on all official documents used during the sprint
- Acknowledgement in all sprint related emails
- Our undying gratitude, which comes in handy when you least expect it (remember that feature you wanted?)
Our sponsorship levels:
- Gold: >= 2500 USD
- Silver: 1500 USD
- Bronze: 750 USD
- get your company talking to the top project developers.
- encourage your GIS developers to take advantage of this opportunity, there is no better opportunity to learn!
- support the software you use - you benefit immediately.
Thank you very much!
Contact: To sponsor, please contact email@example.com directly.
We are looking forward to the next OSGeo Code Sprint!