Quantum GIS Report 2008
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Contact name: Gary Sherman
- Two new versions of QGIS where released during 2008: 0.10 "Io" and 0.11 "Metis"
- Python plugin repositories were established for both official and user-contributed plugins
- By year end, the 1.0 "Kore" release branch had been established and the version was ready for packaging (release came in January 2009)
- The addition of Python bindings has continued to prompt community contribution of plugins that extend QGIS in new an interesting ways
- Paolo Cavallini was added to the Project Steering Committee and assumed the role of Financial/Marketing Advisor
- QGIS was well represented at FOSS4G2008
Areas for Improvement
- Packaging releases remains an area with room for improvement. Work on need to streamline the process for releasing packages on all major platforms, with a specific need for the Windows OS.
Opportunities to Help
- list areas that could use some help from members and readers of the report
Outlook for 2009
- this is the motivational part that is meant to inspire readers to keep their eyes open for great stuff in 2008 :)