Full time Professor of spatial information processing at Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences.
Location: Stuttgart. Germany
From 1999 to 2002 Dr. Behr worked as a senior consultant in a GIS company. The main tasks where supporting the introduction of Geographical Information Systems, and the design and implementation of spatial databases and GIS applications for municipalities and power supply companies. Hence he has a strong background in computer science, especially geospatial IT and consultancy work regarding GI system introduction.
- OSGeo Experience
- Founder of the open SUAS MapServer project, and some more open web services, i. e. geoweb.hft-stuttgart.de, opencts.org and opengeocoding.org.
- Co-founder FOSS4G_Southeast_Asia
- In 2013, Co-chair the Academic Track FOSS4G in Nottingham, Academic Track FOSS4G 2014 in Portland.
- Member of the LOC for FOSS4G 216, Bonn, Germany.
- Email: franz-josef.behr AT hft-stuttgart DOT de
- Phone (work): +49 721 45 39 80-1
- Skype: fjbehr
He is member of the German Organisation for Standardization and active supporter of Open Source and Open Data and co-founder of the AGSE conferences, an interdisciplinary, international forum for sharing knowledge about the application of Geoinformatics with focus on application and on developing countries, and inititated FOSS4G_Southeast_Asia. AGSE took place in Stuttgart (2009), Arequipa, Peru (AGSE 2010), Nairobi, Kenya (AGSE 2011), Johor Bahru, Malaysia (AGSE 2012), Ahmedaad, India (AGSE 2013), Stuttgart, Germany (AGSE 2014).
- Further information
- Spoken Language(s)
- English, German
- Profile last updated
- 19 March 2015